Converters are designed to convert the signals at input into another type of signals at output in order to adapt their characteristics to the ones required by the control machine or the data acquisition system.
The conversion operation is often able to upgrade the set of functions provided by the encoder and even to add new ones.
Whether they need to be used in industrial processes where different types of communication and interfaces must coexist in the same system; or they must be installed on existing and maybe obsolete industrial machinery with equipment to be retrofitted for up-to-date connections, signal converters ensure safe data conversion and reliable transmission and communication.
In order to cope with such requirements Lika Electronic has developed a varied range of converters, interpolators, amplifiers, splitters, gateways, and modules conceived for the integration and communication of both incremental and absolute encoders, no matter whether rotary or linear. It includes devices with simplified operation and basic functions; and devices with an advanced set of functions, they offer complete programmability either via DIL switches or free software tool (for example they allow to set the input and output signal characteristics, the scaling, the filtering of the signals, etc.); and further add smart options such as TEACH-IN setting, linearization, availability and programmability of control inputs and external outputs, and many others.
Among the devices for incremental encoders are:
- IF09, IF10, IF20: devices providing functions for conversion, amplification, and splitting of digital incremental signals (AB0 /AB0)
- IF30: converter to convert Sine/Cosine signals to AB0 /AB0 digital signals
- IF40: converter to convert AB0 /AB0 digital signals to analog / serial signals
- IF42: converter to convert AB0 /AB0 digital signals to parallel / serial signals
- IF60 / IF61: devices conceived for transmission of incremental signals via optical fiber (for instance for use in hazardous areas and potentially explosive zones as well as in environments affected by extremely strong electromagnetic fields)
- IFS-10: safety controller and splitter for integration of digital and Sine/Cosine incremental encoders into systems that require up to SIL3/PLe Functional Safety Level
The range for absolute encoders includes:
- IF11: switcher for one SSI Master and two (or more) SSI encoders
- IF41: converter to convert SSI signals to analog / serial signals
- IF42: converter to convert SSI signals to parallel / serial signals
- IF55: converter to convert SSI signals to fieldbus (Profibus, CANopen, DeviceNet) and Ethernet interfaces (Profinet, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, POWERLINK, MODBUS TCP)
- IF62 / IF63: devices conceived for transmission of SSI signals via optical fiber (for instance for use in hazardous areas and potentially explosive zones as well as in environments affected by extremely strong electromagnetic fields)
For more information on the comprehensive range of interfaces and displays, please download Lika's new POSICONTROL catalog.